Our client, an A++ rated carrier is looking for an Underwriting Manager fo for their office on Long Island, NY. This individual will lead a growing team of underwriters to acheive production goals.
The Underwriting Manager will oversees the largest, most complex elements of the organization's insurance underwriting activities and staff
Job Responsibilities will include:
- Supervises and assists staff in performing the organization's most challenging, critical underwriting services to achieve established underwriting performance goals and key service indicators.
- Provides direction and oversight of day-to-day activities and operations of the underwriting group with full authority for personnel actions and performance management responsibilities consistent with that of lower management.
- Provides leadership establishing, implementing and continually improving organizational underwriting guidelines and supervisory practices consistent with regulatory requirements, standards, industry best practices and company needs.
- Mentors and develops underwriting staff regarding the roles, responsibilities and practices within the department.
- Works with management on assigned production plans and objectives on marketing and underwriting level.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent is preferred and/or equal education and experience may be considered.
- 8-10 years of commercial underwriting experience with carrier or broker.
- 2-4 years of supervisory experience preferred.
This is a hybrid role, wokring 3 days in the office/2 days WFH.