Growing MGA is looking for multiple Auto Physical Damage Adjusters for their offices in San Diego and Dallas. These individuals will investigate, evaluate and negotiate auto physical damages claims of varying complexity.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conducts a prompt, thorough and fair investigation by obtaining relevant facts to determine coverage, origin and extent of loss.
- Engages and manages with parties involved in the claims process by determining facts, causation, damages and exposure; monitors costs to endure they are reasonable and necessary.
- Effectively negotiates the settlement of claims of varying complexity with little direction and more complex claims
- Maintains a diary system for file review and document files to reflect status of work being performed on the file.
- Documents and communicates all claims activities timely and effectively and in a manner which supports the outcome of the claims file
- 2 or more years of experience preferred in insurance automobile claims experience, with a focus in physical damage claims.
- Knowledge of automobile claims, coverage evaluation, claims investigation, loss assessment, evaluation and reserves, insurance regulation, negotiation and settlement.
- Knowledge of investigation management including but not limited to taking and using recorded statements, determining coverage and application of coverage to claims, negotiation and resolution of claims.
- Knowledge of California specific adjusting issues including California insurance claims regulatory compliance, relevant case law and California claims legal framework.
- Arizona, Texas, Washington, and Oregon claims knowledge a plus.
- Must have strong analytical skills necessary to make decisions, resolve issues inherent in handling claims effectively by dealing with situations at various levels of intensity and reach a resolution..