Our client is looking for 2 commercial liability adjusters for their Columbia, SC office. These individuals will be handling property, auto liability and general liability claims .
- Verifies coverage on all claims; documents all activities on claims system.
- Reviews progress of claims with members, providing a well-documented action plan and acting as a resource for claims questions and guidance.
- Works with defense attorneys to complete investigation of litigated matters and to resolve the file to an acceptable conclusion.
The ideal candidates will have:
- Bachelor’s degree or education and training equivalent to 4 years of education in business administration, public administration, risk management or a closely related field.
- 1 plus years of experience in property and liability insurance claims.
- Advanced knowledge of the insurance industry, multi-line claims, and the insurance legal and regulatory environment.
- Must possess a valid state driver’s license and a valid SC Claims Adjuster License. Associate in Claims designation is preferred.
- Proven ability to investigate and negotiate fair and equitable claims settlements.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Public entity claims experience is preferred.