Commercial Producers needed for large retail broker with locations across the state. Ideal candidates will be established Producers with a proven track record of building a book of business.
Our client will also consider candidates with 2-3 years of experience producing and/or recent graduates with RMI degree who are looking to be in a production based role. There are 2 levels of validation for non-established producers.
As a Producer you will be responsible for pursuing and closing sales of new and existing insurance accounts and retaining a book of business.
This is a sales oriented position requiring advanced communication skills and a thorough knowledge of insurance products available through our Agency.
Responsibilities will include
- Achieving objectives established in the annual producer sales plan
- Prospecting for new business from existing clients and identified target groups; contracting prospects for the purpose of providing a quote and making sales appointments; surveying prospects to determine insurance needs, inspecting current insurance policies, risk management plans, property, products and records
- Developing and delivering formal proposals of insurance including details of coverages, limits, deductibles, and other pertinent information; conducting client and prospect appointments; communicating proposals and renewals
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, as well as strong organization skills
- 2+ years’ experience in sales, or a Bachelor’s degree
- Texas General Lines Agents License: Property and Casualty (P&C) or Life, Accident, Health, and HMO License, as appropriate, or attainment within 90 day
- Proficient in Microsoft computer applications
- Proven ability to pursue and close sales
- Knowledge of the insurance industry