Fast Growing A rated Carrier continues to expanding their Underwriting Infrastructure looking for a dynamic Commercial Underwriting Manager to lead a tenured Team of regionally based underwriters. Opoortunty yield tons of advancement opportunities that only proximity to Home Office Executive team provides. Eligible candidates MUST be willing and able to relocated to Greater Salt Lake City Area. Once there a work /hybrid schedule 2 to 3 days in office.
The underwriting department has an immediate opening for someone who can demonstrate the WCF values to join their team as a Director, Underwriting, reporting to the VP, Underwriting. This is a full-time, exempt position based out of WCF Insurance’s Sandy headquarters. This position is open to internal and external candidates.
- Develop and cultivate agency relationships to achieve company growth and strategic objectives.
- Manage a book of business to achieve premium growth, retention, and profitability.
- Provide business subject matter expertise for management, underwriting, and other departments.
- Oversee the technical elements of underwriting for the business unit or office.
- Develop underwriters and support personnel to achieve company goals.
- Work with product managers, actuaries, and others to analyze and understand book dynamics, make corrections as needed and support product and state performance.
- Assist in refining the sales and underwriting processes and systems to support the needs and expectations of the small business customer.
- Travel to assigned states to meet with underwriters and agencies to drive production growth
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field; CPCU or CIC designation preferred.
- At least eight years of multi-state/multi-line underwriting experience
- At least two years of management experience.
- Knowledge of insurance company operations, marketing, coverage, finance, and the insurance industry.
- Working knowledge of NCCI and independent bureau’s manuals, rules, regulations, and classifications.
- Working knowledge of ISO rate, rule, and forms manuals.
- Positive relationships established with the producer community.
- Strong skills in MS Office Suite.
- Excellent communication and presentations skills.
- Strong critical thinking, analytical, and technical skills; works with a sense of urgency.