Employee Benefits Service Manager needed for growing insurance operation with locations across the state.
This role will be responsible for managing a small block of business in addition to managing the planning, organizing, staffing and operating activities of the Employee Benefits division.
Responsibilities will include providing stewardship over departmental operations, including functional activities involving:
- Client accounts, prospect proposals, and departmental files; conducting file audits to assure compliance with established workflow and procedures
- Allocating and adjusting workloads between Employee Benefits Account Managers and Employee Benefits Account Representatives as necessary
- Assisting in the analysis of account risk for new and renewal accounts
- Providing technical expertise to Employee Benefits staff
- Handling a small book of business as needed
- Participating in the creation of the annual Employee Benefits department strategic action plan and implementing the tactical plan to meet established goals0
- The candidate will be responsible for the direct supervision of daily activities assigned for Employee Benefits Account Managers and Employee Benefits Accounts Representatives including hiring, training and development, performance, promotion and counseling actions.
- Texas General Lines Agent License: Life, Accident, Health and HMO or ability to obtain within 90 days
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Organizational skills
- 5+ years experience in Employee Benefits
- Proficient in Microsoft computer applications
- Bachelor's degree
- Insurance professional designations such as: Accredited Customer Service Representative (ACSR), Certified Employee Benefit Specialist (CEBS), Registered Health Underwriter (RHU), Chartered Life Underwriter (CLU)
- Experience in staff management
- Proficiency with EPIC