Life Underwriting Consultant Job Open – (REMOTE)
As a Senior Life Underwriting Consultant, you will evaluate and classify medical, non-medical, and financial information on complex risks for Individual Life Insurance applications up to $10,000,000 in face amount with personal approval authority up to $4,000,000.
– Appraise and underwrite typically complex and impaired risks for life insurance with approval authority up to $4,000,000.
– Ensure underwriting quotes are sound, competitive and profitable.
– Processes casework load to ensure completion in a timely, efficient manner, meeting or exceeding time service/productivity goals and offer/decline ratios; and ensuring compliance with internal underwriting and audit guidelines.
– Keeps abreast of new client company or industry products, current developments and changes in medical and financial underwriting and maintains/updates professional development through study of literature and participation in seminars.
– Identifies image system issues, sometimes on a remote basis, and reports inconsistencies or problems.
– Collaborates with Medical Directors, other team members, internal departments and other to obtain expert knowledge, to assist in identifying solutions and resolutions to problems/issues resulting in quality results and client satisfaction.
– Participates in special projects, committees, and meetings and assists in client presentations, as required.
– Assists in department training, updating internal underwriting guidelines/procedures, gathering client profiles, audit reviews, and in other department areas as needed.
– Performs backup support and other duties as assigned.
– Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent related work experience
– Minimum 7 years of Individual Life Underwriting experience
– Must have experience with multiple impairments and substandard risks
– 3MM personal approval limit or higher
– Experience with Brokerage distribution is a plus
– Excellent communication skills
– Self starter who is able to work independently
– Previous experience working from home
This is a full time permanent (remote) job with competitive base salary, annual bonus and company benefits.