A national real estate private equity firm is looking for a Risk Manager (Head of Risk) for their Dallas office. This individual will be the lead individual around the companies Risk Management and Legal team in managing the company’s insurable, operational risks. This will report directly into the companies Sr. General Counsel.
- Collect and analyze renewal information
- Collect and ensure timely receipt of renewal documentation including: Invoicing, Binder, Policy, Endorsements, etc.
- Obtain, review and analyze coverage for policies including: Flood, Earthquake, Property, General Liability
- Collaboration with Legal regarding amendments to master wording and its impact on the insurable risk
- Ensure premiums and claims payments are paid and allocated to the appropriate entity
- Facilitate the issuance of certificates of insurance, bonds, and other risk management documents in conjunction with the broker and/or insurer.
- Oversight of claims reporting, production of documents, and the loss adjustment process
The ideal candidate will have
- Bachelor's degree with a Risk Management Insurance (RMI) concentration
- 10+ years of experience, working in a risk management department and or Large Scale Insurance Brokerage Experience in handling large real estate driven accounts.
- Ability to work independently and be a self-starter/ be proactive
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Operate well in a fast-paced, highly transactional team environment