We are currently partnered with a growing and thriving National Work Comp carrier that is looking for a Business Development Underwriters in the State of Indiana.
*This is a remote work from home opportunity.
This individual will be responsible for establishing collaborative relationships with agencies/producers to understand the external marketplace and underwriter within established performance standards. Evaluates routine business for risk acceptability; matching price to exposure, loss frequency and severity for profitability, and rating plans/modifications for renewal retention.
Qualified Candidates should possess the following:
- 4+ years of commercial underwriting experience that includes workers compensation
- Must have prior agency development experience in the Springfield, Indiana area.
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university is preferred, but not required
- Ability to apply fundamental Underwriting concepts, practices, procedures in area of specialization.
- Current driver's license required.
- Excellent sales and organizational skills. Excellent communication skills, both oral and written. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures and governmental regulations.